Hah, diets won't work. True or false? According to Dr Andrew Myers, on an individual basis certain diet programs can be successful for some people, but in general, diets don’t work. Everyday people are trying hard to make sure that they are in shape and ready for action. Remember we have only one body and it's the only one we are using right now. So, how can we manage our weight especially for a long term basis?
Here are 10 ways which we can follow:
- Exercise daily. Walk, run, swim, dance or hit the weights. Some form of daily aerobic exercise is essential to promoting a healthy weight.
- Drink more water. Replacing a 20 ounce regular soda with 20 ounces of water each day can save you over 90,000 calories in a year.
- Eat less. Try and eat 80% of what you normally consume. Reducing your daily intake by 100-200 calories per day can make a big difference over the course of a year.
- Eat fresh, whole foods. Translation: Eat more vegetables, fruit and whole grains.
- Avoid all processed, junk and fast foods. What that really translates into is giving up white sugar, white flour and all of the other starches that are so common in our diets today.
- Eat on a regular schedule. Eat a healthy meal or snack every two to three hours. Maintaining stable blood sugar levels helps to keep your metabolism on track throughout the day.
- Start eating a hearty, healthy breakfast. It helps you eat less food throughout the day.
- Limit your intake of alcohol. The impact of this tip varies from individual to individual, but there are people who have lost significant amounts of weight simply by cutting out alcohol. Remember that alcohol is a kind of super-sugar and can be a very significant source of calories for some people.
- Eating out? Eat half of your meal and bag the rest. A typical restaurant entree has 1,000 to 2,000 calories, not counting the bread, appetizer, beverage, and dessert.
- Supplement your diet. Take a high-quality multivitamin to insure that you are getting extra vitamins and minerals. Try adding 400 to 1,000 mcg of chromium picolinate to your daily supplement routine to help you lose fat and maintain lean muscle.
As a conclusion, there is no simple solution to managing our weight either if we wanted to lose weight or gain weight. Most important factor in promoting a healthy weight over the long term is to improve our lifestyle.
Source : http://www.HealthIsWealth.net