Tuesday, November 11, 2008

ASEAN Skills Competition 2008


Assalamualaikum again! Have you ever heard of ASEAN Skills Competition? Maybe some of us have knew this competition well. But for me, it's new. Hehe. I heard about it before this but I can't recall when and where. This morning when I went to the cafetaria to have my breakfast with Alang, Hazmi and Harith, the Malaysi Hari Ini (MHI, a Malaysia morning talk show) bring one of the man behind the scene to give a brief explanation about this competition.

Actually it is the 7th edition of the competition and it is held from 10th to 19th November 2008 at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The objectives of this competition are:
  1. To promote the development of quality vocational and technical skills and work values among the youth and skilled workers;
  2. To foster technical cooperation in vocational/technical education and training among members countries;
  3. To encourage close cooperation among governments,industries, employers’ and workers’ organizations and vocational training institutions;
  4. To provide a vehicle to recognize work excellence and develop a new generation of highly skilled workers.
There are about 19 skills category in the competition. Each competitior will be given test project to be solved. I can say it is really interesting competition and yet, useful for students like me and other university students.

For more information about the on going events, you can get it at their official website. That's all for this post. ;) Chow!

*Technical skills and soft skills are both important*

No comments:

Enough

Assalamualaikum and Good day readers, How're you lads? I hope all of you are doing fine there. How about me? Well, I'm alhamdul...

Followers