Monday, November 03, 2008

My journey to Phuket, Thailand - Part 3

Continued from Part 2

Thursday, 1st day of convention. 8 presenters presented their papers at the first day.

First paper was focusing in experiental learning in higher education on linking classroom and community. It was presented by Founder of ARROW Malaysia, Ms Rashidah Abdullah and Lecturer from Prince of Songkla University (PSU), Aj Mary Rosezella Doerflein (waa..hard to pronounce her name). Second paper focused in developing leadership talents in universities through the role of student service professionals. The presenters were Vice Chancellor of Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM), Tan Sri Nordin Kardi and Asst. Director of University Scholars Programme (USP) from National University of Singapore (NUS), Ms Ng Yun Sian.

Thirdly, it focused on universiti industry linkage through the role of student service professionals. Presenters involved were Director of Co Curriculum Centre from Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM), Prof. Dr. Mohammad Shatar Sabran and Director of Government Programme IBM Malaysia, Mr Hasannudin Hasan. The last presentation of the day focused on leadership and citizenship education in universities. The presenters were Professor from Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM), Tan Sri Datuk Prof Ir Dr Zulkifli Tan Sri Ghazali and Director General of National Civics Bureau Malaysia (BTN) Malaysia, Dato' Shagul Hamid Abdullah.

That evening, after all 8 papers were presented, there was a special session with the Deputy Minister of Higher Learning, Dato' Idris Harun. That's the end of the 1st day.

Well, as I'm listeing to the paper presentation, sometimes I get lost in space because of sleepy. Hehe. So, what did I do? Going to the toilet to wash my face? No, I didn't. To overcome it, I snappy, snappy with the Sony DSC-R1. Amik gambo la senang citer. Haha. Suffi also do the same. At the same time, I also keep usha-ing this one girl. ;P Jeng, jeng, jeng...

That night, we don't have any program. Free lah kirenye. After isya' all 10 of us went out to search something to eat. Besides that, some wanted to buy souvenirs. We walked through the street to find stalls or reataurant that sold halal foods. Quite hard to find though. We walk and walk and walk. We found one but it seems full house. We continued our search. Finally we've found one. Alhamdulillah. :) All of us ate almost the same meal. Another problem we faced was the stall auntie didn't quite understand what were we talking. Aiyaya. Then, there was this girl she helped us out because she can talk Thai language. Thank you la. After eating, all of us continue to walk through the street. The night there was very happening. My advice, prepare mentally and spiritually if you want to come there. If not, you maybe lost in space though.

That night, we were separated. I walked with Suffi and the others walked in one group. We walked through until almost 2 am (Malaysia time). I'm actually can't stand to be in a place with many crowd and the crowd is wandering around. My head will feel pusing-pusing you know. Only sometimes I can handle and that depends. Hehe. We walked quite far. Until Holiday Inn if I'm not mistaken. I don't even reach that place when I walked through the streets the evening before. So, I took out the bussiness card that given by the souvenir shop yesterday. Then I asked this local cop where is that address. He asked one disabled man near that. Maybe he was not from that place. The disable man told that it was on the reverse side of our path. Alamak. Salah jalan sudah. So, we went that way to go back to the hotel.

On the way back, we pass by this road. There was so many people there. I don't go there because I felt uneasy at it. We continued our journey back. Then, we saw some people on the other side of the road. Looks like the other UMP-ians. Finally, we met them again and we walked back to the hotel together. Really tired that night.

Continue reading in Part 4... ;)

No comments:

Enough

Assalamualaikum and Good day readers, How're you lads? I hope all of you are doing fine there. How about me? Well, I'm alhamdul...

Followers